We are gaining momentum on our efforts to amplify the voice of the people against terror & dehumanization and towards concrete and constructive engagement in the Middle East. (See Vital Statistics, below)
Together, we will help The People seize back the agenda by helping them achieve a historic broad-based consensus for conflict resolution at the grassroots level.
***MAJOR RECENT DEVELOPMENTS****
* NAME CHANGE: PeaceWorks Network has been renamed OneVoice - SilentNoLonger, An Initiative of the PeaceWorks Foundation (OneVoice is the name of the movement, and Silent No Longer is the movement's tagline).
* EIZENSTAT JOINS HONORARY BOARD: Fmr US Deputy Secretary of Treasury, Under Secretary of State and Assistant Secretary of Commerce Stuart Eizenstat has officially agreed to be the founding member of our Honorary Board of Advisors; as one of the most distinguished dignitaries in US history, his participation adds tremendous credibility to this pioneering movement.
* BOARD OF TRUSTEES FORMED: Twelve accomplished global business leaders have joined the Board of Trustees; the Board's makeup and bios will be disclosed in November, but include Samer Hamadeh, founder of Vault Inc; Harriet Green, head of Global Business at Arrow Electronics; Dr. Mehmet Oz, world-reknown heart surgeon; Joshua Ramo, Editor-at-Large at Time Magazine; Alex Attal, CEO of Adonix; and other highly-respected corporate and civil society leaders.
* WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM AND GLT SUMMIT Support: At the most recent summit for the World Economic Forum's Global Leaders of Tomorrow, the OneVoice initiative, which was conceived and birthed by a group of GLTs, was highlighted and received a big boost of tangible support from foremost business and community leaders.
* IBM FOUNDATION: Besides their generous interest in aiding towards the creation of a software platform for the negotiations interphase, the IBM Foundation is hosting a breakfast briefing for heads of major Foundations in NYC next month.
* GLOBAL OUTREACH EFFORTS: Over the past two months, we have held over 160 briefings for Senior Diplomats, business leaders, academicians & scholars, heads of Foundations, government officials, religious leaders, civil society pioneers, Presidents of Universities and Heads of Institutions across the Middle East, Europe and the United States. Ten organizations have so far agreed to become Member Outreach Organizations (see additional Vital Statistics, Below).
* DOCUMENTARY ON OUR MOVEMENT: An award-winning team of filmmakers decided to follow the growth of this initiative and began interviewing participants this summer. A trailer will be completed next month.
*** UPCOMING BRIEFINGS ***
Mohammad Darawshe, Chair of our Steering Committee, will travel from the Mideast for the following Presentations with Daniel Lubetzky, Founder.
12pm Mideast Institute - 1761 N Street NW (No RSVP required)
4:30pm Capitol Hill Briefing (for Senate and House Staff members)
8am IBM Breakfast Briefing for Foundations (by invitation only)
12pm Wall Street Briefing - Buchanan Ingersol, 140 Broadway, 35th Floor
8pm -- Briefing in Upper West- Location TBA
6:30pm-10pm Paolo's Soiree (already filled to capacity)
8am Breakfast Briefing for Hollywood Community
8pm Briefing for LA Business Community hosted by Dr. Homa Mahmoudi
7pm Atherton Briefing hosted by Joy & Joel Kellman
7pm Hosted by David and Lindsay Levin;
* PROCLAMATION of Principles on Hold: The Proclamation of Principles for Reconciliation is completed, but it has not been released. There is a related effort from a local Israeli organization whose methodology avoids a three-stage process or a grassroots negotiations module and focuses instead on going straight to a firm final-status document. While our research indicates it will be difficult to gain traction with the more direct approach, in deference to their efforts we agreed to withhold the Proclamation while they analyze whether their methodology can succeed. If it does, we will lend our support to their approach. Should it not, we hope they will join and adopt our initiative's methodology. A decision will be reached in November.
BODY Members Web Access
Steering Committee 9 http://www.silentnolonger.com/wwa_steering.html
Honorary Board Advisors 1 Being Built
Board of Trustees 12 Being Built
Council of Experts 3 Being Built
Ad Hoc Advisory Council 149 Being Built
Staff/Core Volunteers 2/11 http://www.silentnolonger.com/wwa_team.html
Donors/Members 95 Being Built
Committed Volunteers 50 N/A
Exec. Supporters List 207 N/A
Gen. Supporters List 415 N/A
Total Number Involved 927
Member Organizations 10 Being Updated
Proclamation Signatories-- Not Yet Disseminated
People's Mandate Sign -- Not Yet Developed
Number of Core Issues On Which
Broad Consensus Has Been Attained None Yet
*** BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD -- GANDHI ***
We CAN and WILL amplify the heretofore silent voice of the overwhelming majority; we CAN and WILL empower moderates to seize back the agenda away from violent extremists. Hard work lies ahead. But we will not waver, for too much is at stake.
Our goal is to achieve consensus for conflict-resolution at the grassroots level, with a Roadmap fo Coexistence containing ten key points of agreement for a future based on security, dignity, respect, and the right to build a better future for the next generation of Palestinians and Israelis -- supported and signed on to by the broadest segment of the population we can reach, through a variety of innovative platforms.
The potential of this movement is nothing less than historic in magnitude. Our methodology provides a concrete path towards constructively unleashing the power of the people, bestowing them with the responsibility and the ability to take back their lives -- for their united voice to make a difference. With the challenges our civilization is facing, it is imperative that this initiative succeed.
Make the pledge to get involved, and be a part of the solution.